Smoked Sausage Pizza
One of the most fun and simple things to cook on a Country Smokers Pellet Grill is a homemade, thin crust pizza. All you need is a few simple ingredients, or a premade crust, and you can use whatever toppings your heart desires. This Pellet Grill Pizza recipe incorporates classic Italian ingredients and spices like smoked Italian sausage, pepperoni, oregano, mushrooms, and bell pepper for a tasty weeknight or game day meal.
Smoked Sausage Pizza
- 4 Links Italian Sausage
- Pepperoni, Pre-cooked, Sliced
- 4 Tsp Garlic, Pepper, And Herb Seasoning
- 1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 Tsp Oregano Leaves, Chopped
- 1 Lb. Fresh Pizza Dough
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Mushrooms, Sliced
- 1 Bell Pepper, Chopped
- 1 ½ Cup Tomato Sauce
- 15-inch pizza stone
- Large cutting board
- Pizza spatula
- Start by turning on your Country Smokers’ Pellet Grill to 225°F. Let it heat up for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Place 4 links of uncooked Italian sausage directly on the grill. Let them smoke for 1 hour until they reach 165°F internal temperature. Remove from the grill and rest.
- Turn grill up to 400°F.
- Stretch or roll dough on floured 15-inch pizza stone to a 12 to 14-inch round. Should be as thick as a thin crust pizza. Lightly brush the top of the dough with olive oil.
- Spread tomato sauce all over the dough until it reaches about 1 inch from the edge.
- Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of garlic, pepper, and herb seasoning all over the pizza.
- Next add a layer of mozzarella cheese. Slice the sausage and spread on the pizza along with the pepperoni, mushrooms, and bell peppers. Cover the toppings with another layer of mozzarella cheese and sprinkle the final 2 teaspoons of seasoning and the chopped oregano leaves on top of the cheese.
- Place the pizza stone on the grill grates and close the lid. Let the pizza cook for about 20 minutes.
- When the cheese is bubbling and the crust is browning, the pizza should be done. Carefully remove the pizza from the stone with a large pizza spatula and place it on a cookie sheet or cutting board. Let it rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Slice the pizza and enjoy!